I Live Downstream

At many storm drains in our area (San Diego County) there are these cute template graphics trying to get people to stop dumping crap down our drains.  They say "No Dumping - I Live Downstream" (more or less) and with have cute outlines of fish or dolphins.  I always enjoy seeing these, they add a nice human "caring" touch to otherwise drab bits of concrete.  Here is one a drain where I work which has two different graphics, one sprayed on and one engraved:

In my mind I thought it was a fish and a dolphin, but looking at the photo now, it's a swordfish and a duck.

I have seen a lot of regional variations on these, as if every town has their own version.  Then again, I have seen at least three designs just on my lunch breaks around the office.  I will try to get some more shots of these to show the range of designs.

I don't know if this is a California thing or if it's nationwide.  I'm not sure that the kind of people who are going to dump paint or toxic waste are going to be swayed at all, but it's the thought that counts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need More Nines

Yield Signs: Flow Chart Style?