OMG the Celery

I took a few days off from work and we spent some nights in a hotel room down on the coast.  We are both pretty sluggish in the mornings, and when we went into a supermarket we had never been to before (Smart & Final) we had a funny OMG moment when we saw this ...

Seriously, since when is celery 75 bucks a pound.  I know prices have been going up, but this was a funny scare.  It turns out this is the price per crate or bushel or carton or whatever.

The reason I included it in this blog is that we see these signs all the time, and we expect them to mean what we think they mean.  I have never seen a supermarket with wholesale prices all over like this.  At least make them a different color or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Live Downstream

Need More Nines

Yield Signs: Flow Chart Style?